Blandford Enchanted will be a wonderful weekend of creativity and sparkle. The highlight of the event will be the 25-30 unique fairy houses constructed by craftspeople and artists from around West Michigan. Children will delight in seeing the special details that each one contains. We are currently seeking our Fairy House designers to construct these charming abodes–Perhaps you’d like to contribute?
The inspiration at Blandford goes beyond one weekend in June. Fairy Houses that are donated are then auctioned off to raise funds for the Grand Rapids Symphony’s educational programming–reaching over 80,000 children a year!
- Designs should reflect the woodland atmosphere of Blandford Nature Center.
- Natural and found materials are preferred.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible.
- Height and width should not exceed three feet.
- Houses will be displayed together in a magical Fairyland installation.
- Builders will be recognized in our program and a sign placed at each house.
- Symphony musicians will be performing in the Fairyland throughout the event.
- You will receive a complimentary ticket ($75 value) to Fairy Ball gala on June 1.
If you’re interested in getting involved or have any questions, simply fill out the form below to get the process started. Or, if you’d prefer, just drop us an Email here. Blandford Enchanted promises to be a spectacular imaginative event and we’d love to have you participate!
(Looking for a little more inspiration? Click here to learn and see more about fairy houses.)
April 17th, 2017: It’s come to our attention that the form below hasn’t been working very well. We’ve fixed the problem, but if you filled it out recently, please do so again. We apologize for the hassle!